Friday, August 27, 2010

Walking for Fitness Badge

1. Warm Up (Fri. 8/27/10):

We did some warm-ups and stretches that were really effective for us. They were calf stretching, knee bending, arm-reaching experiences!

2. Make a Plan (Sat. 9/18/10):

For a few weeks now I have been walking to my local bank and back. It is about a mile each way. I do this three or four times a week. Sometimes I change my route to the park or into town.

3. Best Foot Forward:

4. Keep Track (Fri. 8/27/10):

We walked by our local park and library. The park has a very nice pond, and that is why I picked it for one of our interesting sites. I saw a lot of geese and a couple ducks. On the way to the park we saw a brook with two fish in it. It's not every day that you see two fish! I saw a chipmunk go into a little chipmunk hole when we were passing by the library.

5. Be Prepared:

6. Fast Food (Sun. 10/10/10):

For our hike today, I planned and helped make lunch and a snack of peanut butter sandwiches, trail mix for mom, and I had EnviroKids for my snack. We also took our Kleen Kanteen water bottles.

7. Weather It Well:

8. Lend a Hand (Thurs. 9/2/10):

Today we did a walk for our local pet shelter. We invited some of our friends over to do the walk near my favorite park. It was long, but it was worth it! We raised money for the pet shelter and collected supplies to donate.

9. Add It Up:

10. Find The Way (Mon. 9/6/10):

Today we took a long walk through parts of our town and followed a street map. This helped us take a new path that included a secret outdoor stairway near a park that led to new streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment