Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ceramics and Clay Badge

1. Make it with Clay (Sat. 3/26/11): I made a pinch pot and a figurine of "Paddle-to-the-Sea"!













2. Coil Up! (Sat. 3/26/11): I made a bowl using the coil method.







3. Handle with Care:


4. Time for Tiles (Sun. 4/17/11):


I made several different sized tiles with different designs that are stamped and carved.





5. Fuel and Fire (Sat. 4/9/11):


I took a virtual tour of ceramics studios at the NY/NJ Academy of Ceramic Art. The website was really cool. I took a lot of time going through the links and learning about different equipment used for ceramics, including the kiln, hand tools, and materials like glaze. I liked the section that showed student artwork, including a cool red teapot.


6. Grin and Glaze It!


7. Bas-Relief


8. Dream Decorator (Sun. 4/17/11): We went to Kohl's and saw examples of ceramics and pottery. I liked the seashell pattern because I thought it would go well in the guest room in my house. For the kitchen, I liked a plain white pattern. I also liked the flower pattern because I thought it would go well in my room. The flower pattern was also nice because it was hand painted.


9. Pass on the Knowledge


10. Folk Pottery

No comments:

Post a Comment