1. Be Prepared (Fri. 1/22/10):
I read the safety pledge and signed it.
2. Finding a Favorite (Sat. 1/23/10):
Yahooligans.com was full of games but was not a search engine. Instead, I went to factmonster.com and learned about Emma Watson. I never knew she was born in 1990! Emma Watson is an actor from Harry Potter, and I'm a huge fan.
3. (They skipped this number in the book)
4. Surfing the Net (Sat. 1/23/10):
.org #1 = http://www.gogirlsonly.org
.org #2 = http://www.learner.org/interatives/parkphysics/index.html
.com #1 = http://www.americangirl.com/fun/
.com #2 = http://www.brainpop.com
.gov #1 = http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forkids/kidsclub/flash/index.html
.gov #2 = http://quest.arc.nasa.gov/woman/intro.html
5. Making a Chart (Tues. 1/26/10):
6. Computers and Work (Tues. 1/26/10):
My mom uses our computer for her PhD. She writes assignments and very long essays and then sends them to her professor. In work, she uses a computer to write lesson plans and keep grades and attendance. It makes her job easier because it's faster than writing it all down.
7. Computers and Play (Fri. 1/22/10):
I played this pop star game on gogirlsonly. It was really fun!