Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cadette My Promise, My Faith - Year 1



1. Pick a line from the Girl Scout Law.

I will do my best to be:
Friendly and helpful.

2. Interview a woman in your own or another faith community.

Talk to her about how she tries to act in her life based on that line of the law. Give examples of what that line of the law means to her and how she tries to follow it in her daily life.

I interviewed my mom who is also a woman in my faith community. She said that doing my best to be friendly and helpful means a lot to her in her daily life. She always tries to smile as much as possible because
that helps to spread happiness and good will to other people, no matter what kind of day they are having.
She also is a very good listener and maintains good eye contact when you are talking with her. When she
is listening to other people, she asks how she might be able to help even if it is in some small way. She is very helpful at home by doing the chores and laundry, being a good family member, and helping me with my homework, outside activities, and Girl Scouts! In our faith, we are friendly and helpful at church, and by helping to collect food for the local food pantry.

3. Find three inspirational quotes by women that fit with that line of the Girl Scout Law.

"The most effective way to do it- is to do it."
-- Ameila Earhart

"The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it."
--Mother Teresa

"The simplest way of saying this for the very young Scout is to do a good turn to someone every day: that is, to be a giver and not a taker. This is the spirit that makes the older Scout into a fine, useful, dependable woman."
--Juliette Gordon Low

"Do a good turn daily."
--Girl Scout Slogan


4. Make something, like a drawing, painting, or poster.

I made a poster about being "Friendly and Helpful." it included scenes about saying hi to the new kid, helping someone with groceries, keeping your grandmother company, and helping with babies.

5. Make a commitment to live what you've learned.

I showed my family my project and discussed it's meaning, and made a personal commitment to live what I learned about being friendly and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment