1. The Girl Scout Law in Action (Tuesday 12/27/11):
I made a wall hanging highlighting the part of the Girl Scout Law that means the most to me:
"Making the World a Better Place."
2. Values-Based Approach
3. Discover Your Values (Tuesday 12/27/11):
We read the section in the Junior Girl Scout handbook about values and did all of the activities in that section.
4. Values Vote (Wednesday 12/28/11):
Some of the values we brainstormed were:
We discussed the values and why we thought they were important. The value that got the most votes from the group was honesty.
5. Values in the News
6. Debate It
7. Other People's Values (Thursday 12/29/11):
The holiday I learned about was Ramadan. The people who celebrate this holiday fast to remember the people who are needy or do not have enough food. Another custom is donating to the local soup kitchen or food bank.
8. Secret Sister (Thursday 12/29/11):
I made a duct tape bag for a sister Girl Scout!
9. Women of Courage (Wednesday 12/28/11):
We named some courageous women and discussed why they were or are courageous:
Afghan School Girls
10. Valuing Service