Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cookies Count Try-It

1. Setting Goals

2. Good Manners (Mon. 2/15/10):

Here is my thank you note for the cookie sale:




















3. Being a Good Friend or Neighbor

4. Fun with Change (Wed. 2/10/10):

There are 100 pennies in a dollar. There are 20 nickels in a dollar and 10 dimes in a dollar. There are 4 quarters in a dollar.

I practiced making change with play money. It was really fun!


5. Fun on the Job (Thurs. 2/18/10):







Visiting the Parsippany Shop Rite Bakery was lots of fun. The manager introduced us to the bakery people and gave us a tour. I studied how the cakes and cookies were displayed. I saw a man who was making pizza dough. He gave me a lump to play with. Then I got to see the sugar decorations. It's like the sugar decorations you see on Food Network! As a bonus, I got to make my own cake! It was hard, but fun! I made a clown and some balloons and stuck a Happy Birthday sign on the cake. It was a late birthday present! =:)

6. Cookie Talk (Tues. 2/2/10):

This is what I said to the people I sold cookies to:

Hi, this is Katie! Did you know that am a Girl Scout? I am selling Girl Scout Cookies. Would you like to buy some? The cookies cost $4 a box.

I explained the kinds of cookies and what they tasted like. My personal favorite is probably Tagalongs. They are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment