Sunday, March 21, 2010

Healthy Habits Try-It

1. Community Helpers

2. Beautiful Smile (Thurs. 4/1):

We read about keeping teeth healthy, brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist. I visit the dentist every 6 months. The teeth cleaning chart was easy to do, although I need to get better at brushing in the mornings - I forget to do it.

3. Calcium Counts

4. Smoking, a Bad Habit (Sat. 3/27):

We read information on smoking and discussed why it is bad for you. The code message is "Don't smoke!" I will do more research on smoking and health.

5. Washing Works (Sat. 3/27):

We read about hand washing and how it prevents the spread of germs. I thought the song was cute! It is also the Alphabet Song. When I did the activity, I sang the song and made sure that I washed my hands properly.

6. Feelings Game (Thurs. 4/1):

I drew the pictures on index cards and we played the game of sharing a time when I had that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment